Auditions ~ Auditions ~ Auditions!
Journey Into the Woods with Town Theatre
Town Theatre will hold auditions for Stephen Sondheim’s masterpiece Into the Woods on Saturday, July 6 and Sunday, July 7 at 7:30 pm.
Auditionees should be prepared to sing 32 bars (not necessarily from Into the Woods) which best showcases your vocal range and ability. An accompanist will be provided for those with sheet music (preferred), but you may also bring mp3 accompaniment with a connector. Please dress comfortably for the movement portion of the audition.
Please bring a current photo of yourself – it does not have to be a professional headshot – just something that we can use to identify you. You likely will NOT get this back.
There is no real ensemble in Into the Woods, as all roles are principle or supporting.
- The Witch – age 30-60, mezzo soprano
- The Baker – age 30-40, tenor
- The Baker’s Wife – age 30-40, mezzo soprano
- Jack – age 15-20ish, tenor
- Jack’s Mother – age 40-60, alto/soprano
- Red Riding Hood – age 15-20, alto/soprano
- Cinderella – age 20-30ish, soprano
- 2 Stepsisters – ages 20-30ish, mezzo soprano
- Stepmother – age 40-50ish, soprano
- Stepfather – age 60ish, baritone/tenor
- Cinderella’s Mother/Granny – age 40-50ish, soprano
- Rapunzel – age 20-30, soprano
- Cinderella’s Prince/Wolf – age 20-40, baritone/tenor
- Rapunzel’s Prince/wolf – age 20-40, baritone/tenor
- Prince’s Steward – age 30-40, baritone/tenor
- Old Man (Narrator)/Baker’s Father – age 50+, baritone/tenor
Rehearsals will begin late August/early September for a run from October 25 through November 10. The production will be directed by David Swicegood with music direction by Augie Gil and choreography by Joy Alexander. If you have questions, please contact Town’s Executive Director, Shannon Scruggs.
Jan. 17 – Feb. 2, 2020
Milena Herring, Director
AUDITIONS SEPTEMBER 8 &9
March 13 – 29, 2020
Shannon Scruggs, Director/Choreographer
Lou Boeschen, Musical Director
AUDITIONS OCTOBER 27 & 28
May 1 – 17, 2020
Jeffery Schwalk, Director
Amanda Hines, Musical Director
Tracy Steele, Choreographer
Kristy O’Keefe, Assistant Choreographer
AUDITIONS JANUARY 19 & 20
Questions? Please email Shannon Scruggs.