The following guidelines are intended to make those entering Town Theatre as comfortable and confident in our return as possible. During summer camps and rehearsals, Town intends to limit the number of students participating at one time. In addition, Town Theatre spaces will be cleaned and disinfected per SCDHEC Guidelines which includes cleaning in between classes and camps. Our goal is to create an environment where guests can feel safe at the theatre. Of course, individuals will still have a choice whether to attend based on their personal discretion.
(Effective June 24, 2020)
All safety and health guidelines will be followed including, but not limited to:
- If staff or a student is sick or exhibiting symptoms, please stay home.
- Mandatory temperature checks for performers and students before entry into the theatre. Anyone with a fever over 100.4 will not be permitted to enter and should stay home until fever-free for 48-hours.
- Masks will be worn by teachers and students at all times unless there is a medical reason excusing you.
- Before entering the building, students will use hand sanitizer at the station outside of their entrance.
- Student drop off and pick up will be outside of the theatre. No other individuals will be allowed in the facility.
- When needed, the theatre will use multiple entrances and exits.
- The theatre will have an overall reduced capacity to allow for more distance between groups as well as use of multiple areas to permit small groupings.
- For rehearsals/camps/classes, students should be dressed in rehearsal clothes as we will not use bathrooms and/or dressing rooms for changing clothes before camp/rehearsal. (They can be used for restroom needs.)
- Students should only bring a small bag with any shoes needed and a filled water bottle. When possible, students should also bring their own packet of Clorox wipes and a small bottle of hand sanitizer.
- Students will be assigned spaces that are six to eight feet from other students.
- For a movement class, students who normally sweat should be prepared to wear sweat-wicking clothing.
- Following class, each student will his/her area and discard wipes immediately.
- We request that students disinfect any bags, shoes, or other items at home before returning to the theatre.